Tuesday, March 13, 2007

What Happened to Tevin Campbell?

Now here's another person I know we have been wondering about. It seems like he just fell off the face of the earth after his last album flopped in the late 90's. But I don't want to talk about that. I want to reminisce about the good days for a minute.

Let's take it back to '91 and his first album T.E.V.I.N..... Yeah, you remember that jam "Tell Me What You Want Me to Do". And then in 1993 he released one of the best R&B albums of the 90's, I'm Ready. It seems like that record just had hit after hit. "I'm Ready", "Always in My Heart", "SHHH" and my personal favorite "Can We Talk". Man! This is making me want to run out to Best Buy right now and pick that up!

Since then, Tevin's released two more albums that paled in comparison to his previous double platinum success. And other mentions of him in the media were related to his run ins with the law and rumor mills. Despite that, it appears that he will be trying to do it big in '07 by making a comeback. He's been in the studio since last year working with an A-list roster of producers including Scott Storch, Krucial Keys, Rodney Jerkins and Teddy Riley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home