Monday, October 09, 2006

Crack is Wack and So is My Marriage

OK, I don't think that's an exact quote, but I'm sure that's what Whitney Houston is thinking. If you haven't heard already that she has separated from hubby Bobby Brown, then you've probably been living under a rock for the past month. Yes, the now infamous couple is calling it quits. Are any of you surprised? I must say that I am. Now, don't get me wrong, it definitely seems that Bobby has brought out the worst in Whitney over the years. However, if that's how she really is and she had just been covering it up at the beginning of her career, then I think the two of them deserve each other.

Bobby and Whitney's marital woes seem to be continuing with what I call "the curse of the reality show marriage". It's crazy how reality shows can be at two totally different ends of the spectrum. For example, on MTV's The Real World, 7 strangers are picked to live together for a few months. And more often than not, they end up becoming friends (and in a few cases spouses) for life. But when celebrity couples who have known each other for a long time get their reality show, it seems like it's only a matter of time before they're fighting it out Divorce Court style.

Case in point:

Travis Barker, formerly of rock group Blink 182 and former Miss USA, Shanna Moakler
Nick Lachey, now a solo artist but formerly a member of 98 Degrees and singer turned actress Jessica Simpson
Dave Navarro, formerly of rock bands Jane's Addiction and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and former Baywatch babe Carmen Electra
I used to think these couples were so cute together! (especially Shanna and Travis) But I must say that I always thought that Nick deserved better. She really didn't appreciate what a quality guy he is. Anyway..... for all of you celebrity couples that are considering doing a reality TV show... JUST SAY NO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home